Creamy and delicious!
1. Peel your onion, cut in half, and then thinly slice it into half rings. Clean your mushrooms using a damp paper towel or cloth, then cut in half or fourths, depending on size. You want to keep the mushrooms relatively large as they substitute for the meat in the traditional stroganoff recipe.
2. Pour a splash of water to a large pot over medium heat. Add in the sliced onions and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add in the pasta, mushrooms, broth, sherry, nutritional yeast, and black pepper. Bring to boil and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
4. Turn the heat off, then stir in the butter and lemon juice until everything is well incorporated. Taste the pasta and add any additional salt to taste.
5. Top with freshly chopped parsley. Optional toppings are a tbsp of sour cream or grated parmesan cheese.